Saturday, April 13, 2013

Cupcake - Keeping it simple

People do ask me why don't I make cupcakes with fondant or sugarpaste/gumpaste as they are all so pretty  .
 
Well... I cannot agree more how pretty those cakes are and how amazingly  creative those sugar craft bakers can be ...sugarpaste flowers look so real ..... full bloom ...so are the cute figurines....you name it...they'll make it ....from cars, to cameras  to even your favourite designer handbag and make up on top of a cupcake ....its both gifted creativity and acquired  skill.... Perhaps my daughters  have this in them ...berseni dan sabar - Ummi tak ada kesabaran tu...nak buat yang cepat dan sedap jer...huhu 
 
When I decided to make cupcakes to sell ....I made up my mind that mine will be  kept simple yet ... delish...continuously  experimenting with texture and flavour....very much inspired by café cakes from Australian Magazines...my recent trip to Europe cafes was inspirational
 
This morning I decided to bake for my neighbours... instead of using butter...I decided to use oil and buttermilk with a twist of lemon...later top the cake with buttercream and Hawaiian cocounut....Oh it was so sedap....I had to stop my kids from going for seconds....nanti tak cukup nak kasi jiran...( Oh yes...I can imagine how good they would be in jars too....makan sejuk...yummm)
 
 
 
 
Fluffy Lemon cake
2 1/2 cups cake flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups oil
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp fresh lemon zest
 
Method
1.Preheat oven at 160C.
2.Prepare the dry ingredients. Sift cake flour, cocoa , salt and bicarbonate soda, set aside.
3.Prepare the wet ingredients, oil, buttermilk, vinegar and food colouring. Mix the oil and buttermilk and eggs until incorporated.
4.Mix dry ingredients with sugar, whisk well. Then, add in the wet ingredient and mix well.
5.Add lemon zest  well incorporated.
6.Bake for about 15 minutes.( I like using bottom heat only so that the cupcake does not crack on top)
7.When cool,  decorate with your fav buttercream recipe and sprinkle  with  Hawaiian coconut ( I beli kat Bake with Yen @ RM10 for 1 kg.... )

.....and then...enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.......


No comments:

Post a Comment