Monday, October 15, 2012

Red Velvet. Lagi... dan lagi dan lagi....

I've actually lost count how many RV I've made this year,mostly are cupcake size and a few big ones too.This red cake with cream cheese frosting has yet lost its charm...there is still something special about this cake that makes people come back for more..nak kata cantik, tak lah cantik mana , red & white colour scheme jer ..but one thing for sure ....sedap sehingga slice yang terakhir...



Here is the recipe I use for my RV , I've tried several recipes but I prefer  recipe(s) that calls for corn oil instead of butter...in my opinion..rasa lebih sedap dan lembab..


Ingredients
(A)
3 1/2 cups cake flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder, I used Van Hounten
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 cups sugar

(B)
2 cups corn oil
3 large eggs
1 tsp red colour gel
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
2 1/2 tsp white vinegar

Mix (B) the wet ingredient until incorporated, I used speed 1 on my Kitchen Aid mixer then masukkan bahan (A) one ingredient at a time....top with your favourite cream cheese frosting recipe...




No comments:

Post a Comment