Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Crispy Butter Cookies - Keeping it simple


I believe in the saying that less is more , from clothing , home decorating down to the food we eat. Keep it simple but using only the best ingredient . Butter cookies is my personal favorite cookie...it may look plain but it taste like heaven once it starts melting in your mouth...( I like baking mine a bit longer to brown it a little)...hehe

I bake my buter cookies with....well.. pure butter  , either Anchor, SCS  Tantura or any other brands  ( must be Certified HALAL ) ,however for commercial reasons where budget is concern , I will have no choice but  to substitute pure butter to Buttercup ( unless the customer says they don't mind the price)... actually  Buttercup taste just as good...well.. perhaps  not as good as using pure butter ....but its still yummy...oh never use margerine for cookies....it taste dull and dry.....I've tasted them ...Urgghhh how can they sell such cookies...or maybe its just me...ok...sharing here the recipe I use for my butter cookies taken from the book Cookies Heaven..


My son's McQueen roaring for a bite....oh I added choc chip on the cookie as the customer wanted some colour 


Ingredients :
1 cup butter, softened
1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 egg 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/2 cups  flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda (added into 1/2 tsp hot water to give it that extra crisp)...


Directions :
-In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. 
-Beat in egg  and vanilla. 
-Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda+ hot water ; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
-Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls,,flatten with a fork.
- Bake at 150° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. 
-Remove to wire racks to cool. 


Yield: about 4 dozen.



These are 20gm each cookies ..made as a doorgift for relatives at an engagement ceremony last weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment