Monday, August 27, 2012

All time favourite - Oreo Cupcakes

My kids  always had a thing for Oreos and that's the only flavour they never say no to. Usually, I bake a basic vanilla cupcake with the addition of crushed Oreos in the batter. The recipe I use has milk in it -recipe here Vanilla Oreo Cupcake

This time after googling for other recipes on oreo cupcake , I tried to be a little different and used an Oreo as the base of the cupcake with some of  the oreo frosting too. The whole Oreo surprise at the end of the cupcake was a real delight! I made 2 batches, one Vanilla and the other chocolate using butermilk -recipe here  Chocolate Oreo cupcake  . 

The verdict......so moist so yummy...with bits of oreo cookies  nested  inside and beneath the cake ....try it...


Oreo cookies and its frosting as the cake base

Basic Vanilla cake 

Oreo Cookie base

Chocolate oreo cupcake with basic Vanilla frosting


No comments:

Post a Comment