Monday, June 25, 2012

Swiss Meringue Butter Cream -Best choice for less sweet frosting

Swiss Meringue Butter Cream (SMBC) taste  like heaven. It's so light , creamy, fluffy ,satiny smooth ,stable and not at all overly sweet like most frosting. 

I definitely prefer it over any other kind of frosting. Ever since I first tested SMBC I have been searching for a fool proof recipe that I love and that is easy to make. 


As usual I found it in my virtual guru - Cikgu Youtube ..internet rocks.Click here for technique & recipe

Trust me on this one.The 1:2:3  recipe is so easy to make once you get hold of the technique.  
It's so amazing I can't say enough and I  prefer to refrigerate my cupcakes after frosting them with this SMBC. This will set the frosting. Then bring them to room temperature prior to serving. It's cake with icing minus the guilt 


Moist dark chocolate cupcake  with Vanilla SMBC
Edible image to add in fun ...Madagascar on the run...my son made  200 pcs  of these for fund raising during his School Canteen day and they sold out in less than an hour.


With SMBC , my rose swirls were so easy to pipe out and the frosting was stable without being too sweet.....







No comments:

Post a Comment