Sunday, April 15, 2012

Chocolate Mint Macarons

Friends often ask for Macaron recipes taht I use for my mac, Well ..to me making macarons its not about getting the so call right recipe...there are so many ...it's about technique...Yup the how to !! you need to really know how to ..not just what ingredient .


 I must say after making so many batches of Mac I still  have my failures....I still weep at times  and wait in agony at each bake , its a true Diva cookie with a lot of tantrum.

Today was a shiny hot day and I decided to try something new for my own family to enjoy...We've always like chocolate macarons ( seldom get orders for chocolate mac anyway since most of the time people  are just fasinated by colour not taste ....normally it is a theme  for a certain occasion so chocolate mac is not one of my customer's fav) .  

Sharing the recipe I found on the net - The how to ...check out on Youtube....(like I did countless times) 

Ingredients – Adapted from Just Eat Le Macaron Royal recipe

For the shells:
95 gms ground almonds or almond meal, sifted
75 gms egg whites (aged) and brought back at room temperature
155 gms pure icing sugar, sifted
45 grams sugar
20 gms cocoa powder, sifted
Black or brown food coloring (powder or paste) – optional


For the white chocolate and mint ganache:
100 gms white chocolate
50 gms thickened cream
2 tbsp mint syrup
1 egg yolk
Green food coloring (liquid) – optional




Reminds me of After Nine chocolate 

They don't always turn out this way..Make sure its a hot day..

No comments:

Post a Comment